BTS-ENGINEERING is a diversified enterprise that unites highly qualified technical specialists, process engineers and managers. Our company is a professional supplier of ceramic membranes and membrane technologies.
BTS-ENGINEERING knows what you need and will offer optimal solutions for your project implementation. You may rely on us from the development of project terms of reference till equipment installation and technology start-up.
Membrane filtration is one of the most effective technologies of liquid separation.
Filtration principles lie in the fact that some components pass through the membrane forming permeate, while other components are rejected thus forming concentrate.
In terms of membrane technology one can distinguish three processes:
- Microfiltration (MF) used for separation of particles ranging in size from 0.1 to 10 microns (100…10000 nanometers). Suspended solids, bacteria and macromolecules are rejected.
- Ultrafiltration (UF) used for separation of particles ranging in size from 0.005 to 0.05 microns (5…50 nanometers). Salts, sugars, organic acids and low-molecular peptides pass through membrane while proteins, fats and polysaccharides are rejected.
- Nanofiltration (NF) for separation of particles ranging in size from 0.0005 to 0.005 microns (0.5…5 nanometers). Small ions pass through the membrane, while larger ones along with sugars, dyestuffs, surfactant and minerals are rejected.
ABOUT CERAMIC MEMBRANE
Inorganic membrane refers to a fine porous ceramic filter sintered from aluminum, titanium and zirconium oxides. Typically ceramic membrane has assymetric structure with active porous support layer. The macroporous support ensures mechanical resistance, and the active layer provides dividing into microfiltration, ultrafiltration and nanofiltration. Ceramic membrane always runs in cross-flow filtration mode: feed liquid flows throught membrane layer via one or several channels at a very high speed. Being driven by transmembrane pressure, clean liquid with micromolecules flows through membrane layer forming permeate, solid particles and big molecules do not pass through pores and are rejected forming concentrate. In this way the feed liquid is clarified, purified and concentrated.
- Excellent resistance to acid/alkaline and oxidation chemicals;
- Solvent resistance;
- High thermal resistance;
- Excellent separability with narrow pore distribution;
- Excellent mechanical and abrasive resistance;
- Extremely long work life comparing to polymeric membranes;
- Easy to be cleaned and sanitized by backwash.
Ceramic membranes allow physical separating of mixtures without applying additives. Due to the fact that membranes feature high thermal resistance, there is no need in decreasing process temperature. Applying membranes is advantageous both for feed and environment. Closed-type and continuous operation allows decreasing operation cost. Due to module design these devices can be easily adjusted or modified depending on our customer's application.